EPFO New Rule: Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made some changes in the rules for its account holders. If you are employed, then understand this change carefully. So what is that new rule and how it will affect your EPF contribution, understand
EPFO New Rule: Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made some changes in the rules for its account holders. If you are employed, then understand this change carefully. So what is that new rule and how it will affect your EPF contribution, understand. These rules will be applicable from tomorrow i.e. June 1. That is, you have an only chance till today.
PF account – linking to Aadhaar is necessary
According to the new EPFO rule, every account holder should have a PF account linked to the Aadhaar Card. It will be the responsibility of the employer to ask his employees to verify their PF account basis. If by June 1, if an employee fails to do so, he may suffer many losses, such as his employer contribution to the PF account can also be stopped. A notification has also been issued by EPFO in this regard.
What is the new rule?
The EPFO has implemented new rules under section 142 of the Social Security Code 2020. In which clearly the EPFO has instructed the employers that from June 1, if a PF account is not linked to Aadhaar or UAN is not Aadhaar verified, then its ECR-Electronic Challan cum Return will not be filled. Can go This means that the PF account holders will not be able to get the employer’s share. Only your contribution will be visible to the employees in the account.
How to link EPF account with Aadhaar
So if you have not linked your PF account to Aadhaar yet, then go to the official website of EPFO and link your account to the Aadhaar card first and also get Aadhaar verified UAN, without making a PF contribution to your account as before Keep coming up with an obstacle.
1. First of all, you have to log on to the EPFO website www.epfindia.gov.in.
2. After this, go to Online Services and click on the e-KYC portal and then link UAN aadhar.
3. You have to upload your UAN number and registered mobile number from your UAN account.
4. An OTP number will appear on your mobile number.
5. Fill your 12 digit Aadhaar number in the Aadhaar box and submit
6. Then click Proceed to OTP verification.
7. Verify the Aadhaar details link to the Aadhaar mobile number or OTP on mail Will have to be generated.
8. After verification, your Aadhaar will be linked to your PF account.