Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, the account holder will get a total benefit of Rs 1.30 lakh. So if you have not opened the Jan Dhan account till now, then open it immediately. This is a scheme under which the account of the poor of the country is opened on zero balance in banks, post offices, and nationalized banks. This is one of the most ambitious financial programs launched by the government. Under this scheme, a poor person can easily open a bank account. So let’s know about this plan.
Will get 1.30 lakh rupees
Many types of financial benefits are available under this scheme. In the account opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, the account holder gets a total benefit of Rs 1.30 lakh. Apart from this, accident insurance is also available. The account holder gets accident insurance of Rs 1,00,000 along with general insurance of Rs 30,000. In such a situation, if anything untoward happens to an account holder, then Rs 30,000 is available. If the account holder dies in an accident, then his family gets one lakh rupees.
How to open an account?
If you want to open your Jan Dhan account, then go to your nearest bank and fill the form for this. It will have to give detailed information like name, mobile number, name of a bank branch, address of the applicant, nominee, occupation/employment and annual income and number of dependents, SSA code or ward number, village code or town code, etc. Any citizen residing in India, whose age is 10 years or more, can open a Jan Dhan account.
To open an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Documents, you have to have an Aadhar card, passport or driving license or PAN card, voter card, NREGA job card, a letter issued by the authority, in which name, address, and Aadhaar number are written. The letter issued by the Gazetted Officer must have an attested photograph of the account opening.
Know the benefits of this account (PM Jan Dhan Account Benefits)
1. Overdraft facility after 6 months of opening this account
2. Accidental insurance cover up to Rs 2 lakh
3. Life cover up to Rs 30,000
4. Easy to open an account for pension in schemes like Kisan and Shramyogi Maandhan
5. Free with account Facility of Mobile Banking
6. Facility of RuPay Debit Card which makes it easy to withdraw money from the account or make purchases
7. It is easy to buy insurance, pension products through this
8. Interest on deposits PM
9. Best facility for the transfer of money across the country
10. Government The benefits of the schemes directly go into the account of the account holder.