If you’re planning to shop online for Diwali, this is good news for you. During the holiday season, there is an increase in cyber fraud cases. Unknown people are the initial target of cybercriminals. Keep these ten points in mind to stay away from them…
Diwali has begun, and e-commerce firms are providing fantastic deals on smartphones and other items. Customers on Amazon, Flipkart, ShopClues, and other e-commerce sites can find some excellent offers, but they frequently click on the wrong links and become victims of scammers. Many websites feature fantastic deals on smartphones, televisions, computers, clothing, furniture, household appliances, and other items.
People who are not well-known are becoming victims.
If bank account users make online purchases, they must be exceedingly cautious about where they log in and how they make payments, or scammers may take their funds. Unknown people attack cyber thugs, who are victims of internet fraud and lose their money. Today, we’ll show you how to avoid online buying cheating.
10 precautions to take when shopping online:
1. When shopping on the internet, make sure the URL starts with https://.
2. Hover your cursor over the security level by clicking the lock icon in the URL.
3. Shop on Amazon, Flipkart, ShopClues, Pepperfry, and other well-known websites wherever possible.
4. Keep in mind that anti-virus and firewall software should be turned on whenever you shop online.
5. Ignore any requests for information you make on the internet.
6. Never install programmes that are recommended by strangers.
7. Never trust a link sent to you by someone you don’t know.
8. Make it a habit to change your account password on a frequent basis.
9. Do not share your personal financial information, especially with family members, on WhatsApp or Facebook.
10. Be cautious if you receive an invitation for a free lunch or shopping excursion. Because when it comes to shopping online, there is no such thing as a free lunch.