For ration card holders, 5 kg food grains are being given free of cost to the poor for 4 months i.e. till November. Along with this, many other benefits are also being given on this card.
Ration Card Latest News: There is big news for ration cardholders. To help the poor during the Corona period, the Central Government has created the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKY Scheme). Under this, more than 80 crore beneficiaries are being given 5 kg of additional food grains per person per month in addition to the foodgrains available in the normal quota.
According to the government, 600 lakh tonnes i.e. 6 crore food grains have been allocated for free distribution under this scheme. In view of the corona havoc, the government had announced to give free ration to the poor for the next 4 months i.e. till November. Under this announcement, now 5 kg food grains are being given to the poor in a free 5Kg ration.
Many benefits of ration card
There are many other benefits of ration card. Ration card is an important card for everyone, whether rich or poor. Actually, now it is also used as an identity card. And in times of crisis, the government had also given free ration facilities to the poor people of the country.
4 months free ration
The government has announced to give free ration to the poor till November. Through this scheme, about 80 crore people of the country will be given free ration facility. Under this, 5 kg food grains are being given to the poor for free (Free 5Kg Ration).
benefits of ration card
You can use this government card as address proof. Apart from this, it also works like an identity card. You can use this card for all kinds of work such as bank, land papers, gas connections, everywhere. Apart from making a Voter ID card, it is also used in making other necessary documents.
What is its eligibility
If your annual income is less than 27 thousand rupees, then you can apply for the poverty line ration card. According to the eligibility from the government, above poverty line (APL), below poverty line (BPL) card, and Antyodaya ration card (AAY) can be made.
How to apply for Ration Card
1. First of all go to the official website of your state.
2. For example, if you are a resident of Bihar, click on hindiyojana.in/apply-ration-card-bihar.
3. Now click on the link with Apply online for ration card.
4. Now you can be given aadhaar card, voter id, passport, health card, driving license etc. as ID proof to get ration card made.
5. After filling the application, deposit the fee which can range from Rs 05 to Rs 45 and submit the application.
6. Now after the field verification, if your application is found correct then your ration card will be generated.