Income Tax Notice: These days fraud is going on in the name of the Income Tax Department. Some cyber thugs are sending fake notices through e-mails. We are going to tell you how to avoid this fraud. You can easily check the notice sitting at home.
These days fraud is being carried out in the name of the Income Tax Department. Cyber thugs are sending fake notices through e-mails to recover money from taxpayers by the wrong means. However, you do not need to be afraid of this. You can easily detect genuine or fake notices. We are telling you how to check the notice being sent in the name of the Income Tax Department.
Checking facility available on department’s website
Income Tax Department has provided facility on its website to provide information about genuine or fake notice, through which you can easily trace it. For this, you have to give your PAN number, assessment year, notice section, month and year of issue of notice, etc.
Find out the real or fake from this way
- First of all, you open the website of Income Tax Department www.incometax.gov.in.
- After this, you will see the ‘Authenticate’ tab, click on it.
- On clicking on this tab a new page will open.
- Here you will get two options to check the veracity of the notice received.
- You can check the notice received either by using the document number or by using PAN, assessment year, notice section, month, and year of issue.
- Fill your information here, after giving the information, the captcha code will have to be entered.
- After clicking on it, you will know whether the notice sent is true or false.
There is no need to be afraid when you get the notice
Tax experts say that since the Corona period, cyber thugs are adopting various tactics to carry out the fraud. Sending fake notices in the name of the Income Tax Department is one of them. However, there is no need to be afraid of it. You can easily identify it through the Income Tax Department. Yes, keep one thing in mind that never share your personal information with anyone. If you share the information only then there will be a chance of fraud with you.