UPI Fraud: Remember that no bank official, telecom operator, or company calls you and does not ask for personal information and bank details. Also, do not share your UPI ID or PIN with them
Follow these tips to prevent UPI fraud: In the last 3 to 4 years, there has been a rapid increase in digital transactions in the country. The government is also taking several steps to strengthen the digital economy in the country. UPI. Unified Payments Interface is playing a very important role in strengthening the digital economy. Nowadays a large number of people are using UPI apps like Bharat Pay, BHIM App, PhonePe, Paytm, etc.
But, as the use of UPI payments is increasing, the incidents of UPI fraud are also increasing. In the last few years, cybercriminals use new technology to steal data from people’s UPI apps and empty their bank accounts. If you also use UPI apps then be careful. We are going to tell some such tips by which you will be able to keep yourself safe from any kind of fraud. So let’s know about it-
Read More: If you wish to avoid fraud when taking cash from an SBI ATM, you should be aware of the new guidelines.
Follow these 5 tips while using the UPI app-
1. Always remember that no bank official, telecom operator, or company calls you and does not ask for personal information and bank details. Do not share your UPI ID or PIN with them. Do not share your personal information by clicking on any deceptive links.
2. If someone calls you in the name of updating the KYC of the UPI app and asks for your ID details and PIN, do not give this information to him. Keep in mind that KYC cannot be updated on call.
3. Many times cybercriminals try to cheat people in the name of attractive discounts. He shares links to cheap shopping offers. After this, when you share your UPI ID and PIN by clicking on that link, then you become a victim of fraud. In such a situation, before clicking on the link of such attractive offers, cross-check it once.
4. You should change your UPI PIN from time to time. This will keep your money safe.
5. You can set a daily limit on your UPI to make it more secure. This will save you from huge losses in case of any kind of fraud.