The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), by its mAadhaar app, gives a host of services. This combined app, which is available in 13 languages, gives over 35 Aadhaar card online services in a single app. “Get more than 35 Aadhaar services like download eAadhaar, update status, locate Aadhaar Kendra, etc. on your smartphone,” UIDAI said in a tweet.
The Aadhaar-issuing administration moreover added in another tweet, “For the best experience of the #mAadhaar App, uninstall any earlier installed versions. Download the latest version.”
WHAT IS MAADHAAR?
mAadhaar is more than an Aadhaar card in a wallet. Using the mAadhaar app, the resident can avail of the following benefits:
1) Get Aadhaar by downloading or ordering a reprint of Aadhaar or by retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar
2) View/Show Aadhaar in offline mode, especially when residents are asked to show their ID proof
3) Update address in Aadhaar via documentation or without document proof
4) Keep/Manage Aadhaar of family members in one mobile(up to 5 members)
5) Share Paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies
6) Secure Aadhaar by Securing Aadhaar or Biometrics
7) Generate or Retrieve VID which users can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail of Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar).
8) Use Aadhaar SMS services in offline mode
9) Check Request Status Dashboard: After enrolling for Aadhaar, ordering reprint, or updating Adhaar data, the resident can check the status of the service request in the App.
10) Book an appointment to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra
11) Aadhaar Sync feature allows the resident to fetch the updated data in the Aadhaar profile after successful completion of an update request.
12) Time-based One-Time Password can be used instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI website
13) Locate the Enrolment Centre (EC) helps the user find the nearest enrolment Centre.
14) mAadhaar users can download the Aadhaar card in the app itself.
WHO CAN CREATE A PROFILE ON THE MAADHAAR APP?
A person whose Aadhaar card is linked to his/her registered mobile number can create an Aadhaar profile in the mAadhaar app. Such individuals can register their profiles in an app installed on any smartphone.