Aadhaar Card Latest Update: There is big news related to the Aadhar card. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had earlier given permission to change the address without any proof (Address Update without Proof). But now this feature has been turned off. UIDAI has informed that the Address Validation Letter facility has been closed till further orders. That is, now if you want to change your address, then you have to give address proof.
UIDAI gave information
According to the information given by UIDAI, due to the closure of this facility, those people who do not have any documents to update the address. You can update your address in your Aadhar card through both offline and online methods through proof. For an online address update, you have to visit the official website of UIDAI at ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/. Let us know its complete process.
How to apply online
1. Go to the UIDAI website and click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
2. After this enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number. Then enter the security code or captcha code.
3. After this click on the option of ‘Send OTP’.
4. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar, which is to be entered.
5. After this click on ‘Login’.
6. As soon as you log in, your Aadhaar details will start appearing on the screen.
7. Change your address in this and upload the scanned copy of any one of the given 32 documents and submit it.
How to apply offline
1. For offline application, go to your nearest Aadhar center and fill the Aadhar card update form.
2. Then submit this form and give your biometrics for verification.
3. Now the employee will give you a receipt, which will contain an Update Request Number (URN).
4. Aadhaar updation status can be tracked using this URN.