To Watch This News in Hindi, Click Here – जरूरी खबर! 31 दिसबंर से पहले हर हाल में निपटा लें ये काम, वरना 1 जनवरी के बाद लगेगी पेनाल्टी
If you come under the purview of income tax, then know that the last date for filing an income tax return is 31 December. If you do not deal with it before the deadline, then you may suffer a big loss.
The last month of the year i.e. December is going on. There are many important tasks which we need to get done before 31st December. If you do not tackle these tasks before the deadline, then you may suffer a big loss. The last date to file Income Tax Return is 31 December 2021.
If you do not file an income tax return by December 31, then you may have to pay a fine of Rs 5,000. However, there are many taxpayers who can file their ITR even after the expiry of the deadline without paying any penalty. Let us tell you that CBDT has extended the deadline for filing ITR for the financial year 2020-21 to 31 December 2021.
How to file ITR (e-filing portal)
If you have not filed an income tax return yet, then you can file your tax return by visiting the e-filing portal. Here is the easy process.
For this, first, go to the e-filing portal incometax.gov.in
– Now click on the Login button.
- Now enter your username and click on the continue button.
- Now enter your password.
- Now you click on the e-file tab and click on the File Income Tax Return option.
- Select the assessment year 2021-22 and then click on the continue option.
- Then you will be asked to select the option ‘Online’ or ‘Offline’.
- Select the online option and click on the continue tab.
- Now you select the option ‘Personal’.
- Now click on the ‘continue’ tab.
- Select either ITR-1 or ITR-4 and click on the ‘continue’ tab.
- The reason for the return will be asked under the 7th provision under section 139(1) or above the exemption limit.
- Select the correct option while filing ITR online.
- Enter your bank account details.
- Now a new page will be sent to file ITR.
- Verify your ITR and send a hard copy of the return to the Income Tax Department.
Deadline for Submission of Life Certificate
Pensioners are required to submit a Life Certificate every year. Failure to do so puts you at risk of losing your pension. Let us tell you that the deadline for submitting life certificates for government pensioners was 30 November. Which has been extended to 31 December 2021.