Voter ID Aadhaar Linking: After receiving frequent complaints of casting fake votes in elections, the Modi government has thought of linking Aadhaar with a Voter ID card. Its motive is to stop bogus voting.
It is very soon in the country that such a law is going to come under which you will have to link your Aadhar card with your voter ID card. In the current winter session, on behalf of the Central Government, Law Minister Kiren Rijiju introduced the Election Reform Bill, which also has a provision related to linking Aadhaar and Voter ID card, in both houses. did, which has been passed. Soon this bill will become law. In fact, after receiving frequent complaints of casting fake votes in elections, the Modi government has thought of linking Aadhaar with a voter ID card. Its motive is to stop bogus voting.
So today in this news we are going to tell you how you can link your voter id card with your Aadhar card.
Read More: Inquire about obtaining a voter identification card. Many facilities are available for voters sitting at home, including ‘Electronic Vote.’
How to link your Aadhar card with Voter ID card
- Visit the official website of the National Voter Service Portal https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/.
- Login to the portal by entering your mobile number, email address, voter ID number, and password.
- Now enter your state, district, and personal information such as your name, date of birth, and father’s name.
- In the next step, click on the search button to check whether the details entered the match with the existing database of the government or not.
- Now navigate to the left side of the screen and click on the ‘Feed Aadhaar Number’ option.
- Enter your Aadhar Card, Aadhar Number, Voter ID Number, Registered Mobile Number.
- Cross-check the filled details and submit once you are sure about the details.
- Finally, a notice will pop up on your screen stating that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked with your Voter ID.
Link Aadhaar and Voter Card through SMS
Alternatively, you can also link your Aadhaar with your Voter ID card through a simple SMS. Simply send a text message to 166 or 51969 from your registered mobile number and after that, you will be faced with some steps, by following which you will be able to link your voter ID with your Aadhaar number.