The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) announced that Aadhaar card holders can now add up to five user profiles in the #mAadhar app. The cardholders will have to enter the details linked with the Aadhar card and after that will have to give OTP for the same.
UIDAI tweeted, “You can add up to 5 Aadhaar cardholders profiles in your #mAadhaar app. OTP for verification will be send to the registered mobile number of the Aadhaar holder.”
HOW TO CREATE A PROFILE ON THE MAADHAAR APP?
- Launch the app
- Click on the Register Aadhaar tab on the top of the main dashboard.
- Create a 4 digit Pin/Password
- Give valid Aadhaar & enter valid Captcha
- Enter valid OTP and submit
- The profile should get registered
- The registered tab would now display the registered Aadhaar Name
- Click on the My Aadhaar tab on the bottom menu
- Enter 4-digit Pin/Password
- My Aadhaar Dashboard appears
HOW THE RESIDENT CAN VIEW THE PROFILE?
The profile can be seen by tapping on the profile summary on the top (profile image, name, and Aadhaar number on the cyan tab) in the main dashboard.
STEPS TO ACCESS THE AADHAAR PROFILE
- Launch the app
- Click on the Aadhaar Profile tab on the top at the bottom of the main dashboard
- Enter 4 digit Pin/Password
- The main section of the Aadhaar appears. Slide to the left to view the backside.
- In order to see other added profiles, keep sliding to left
- To see the Aadhaar Profile page and reach the services within a click on the My Aadhaar tab at the bottom of the Dashboard screen.
WHERE CAN M-AADHAAR BE USED?
mAadhaar app can be used everywhere anytime within India. mAadhaar is more than an Aadhaar card in a wallet. On one hand, the mAadhaar profile is taken as valid ID proof by Airports and Railways on the other resident can use the features in the app to share their eKYC or QR code with service providers who asked Aadhaar verification of their customers before providing Aadhaar services.
HOW TO CONFIGURE M-AADHAAR APPLICATIONS IN THE PHONE (ANDROID & IOS)?
mAadhaar App is free for both Android and iPhone users in India. In order to install the app follow the steps given here
- Visit the Google Play Store for Android and to App Store for iPhone.
- To make sure you are downloading the right app, verify if the developer’s name is listed as ‘Unique Identification Authority of India’
- Once you open the app, it takes you into the terms and conditions and usage guidelines, and language preference settings. Please go through them correctly before continuing further.