The Union ministry of road transport and highways (MoRTH) has published a notification declaring that contactless 18 driving license-related services via Aadhar authentication have been started for citizens. A total of 18 services will be covered.
This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle-free, contact-less manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase the efficiency of the RTO offices as well.
— MORTHINDIA (@MORTHIndia)
Here are the 18 driving license-related services for which a citizen is required to undergo Aadhaar authentication:
- Learner’s License
- Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required
- Duplicate Driving License
- Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration
- Issue of International Driving Permit
- Submission of Class of Vehicle from License
- Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle
- Application for Registration of motor vehicle with a completely built body
- Application for issue of copy Certificate of Registration
- Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration
- Notice of Transfer of Ownership of the motor vehicle
- Application for Transfer of Ownership of the motor vehicle
- Intimation of Correction of Address in Certificate of Registration
- Application for registration for driving training from Accredited Driver training center
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of Consular Officer
- Application for assignment of New Registration Mark of the motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement.