EPFO: Two UAN is wrong for any employee. In such a situation, it is necessary to close the old account number. You transfer your old funds to the new UAN. Merging two different Universal Account Numbers has become quite easy now.
When an employee’s Provident Fund money is deducted, a Universal Account Number is given by the employer. This number is 12 digits and it is issued by EPFO. The UAN number is not changed even after the employee changes the job.
UAN number is the same
If an employee changes jobs, he is issued a New Member Identification Number (UAN) by EPFO but the Universal Account Number remains the same. Even after changing the institute, the UAN remains the same but the identification number is different for every institute. So when you change jobs, the new employer only asks you for a UAN number.
Tell the employer the old UAN
While changing jobs, you must tell your old UAN number to the new organization because if you do not do this, then a new Universal Account Number is issued to such an employee. If you also have a problem with two UANs, solve it today because it will not add the PF money of the old institution to your account and also you will not get the benefit of pension.
Illegal to have two UANs
As per the rule, two UAN is wrong for any employee. In such a situation, it is necessary to close the old account number. You transfer your old funds to the new UAN. Merging two different Universal Account Numbers has become quite easy now. You can also do this work online sitting at home.
merge like this
1. For this you first go to the website of EPFO.
2. Now after logging in here, go to the claim option in the online service.
3. After that select the option ‘Request for Transfer of account’.
4. After the process is completed, this work will be done.
5. The second process is to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell the details of both the UANs. But this process is a bit complicated.