PAN card has become such a document without which no major transaction can be done in the country. Whether it is to open an account in a bank, take a credit card and debit card, or file ITR, nowadays PAN card has become mandatory everywhere. In such a situation, if your PAN card is lost somewhere, then you may have a problem. But now you don’t need to worry about it. You can download your e-PAN card from the new website of Income Tax. Let us know the complete process of downloading an e-PAN card.
How to download e-PAN from PAN number
1. For this, you must first log in to the Income Tax website https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
2. Then you click on ‘Instant E PAN’.
3. Now click on ‘New E PAN’.
4. Now you enter your PAN number here.
5. If you do not remember your PAN number, then enter your Aadhaar number.
6. Here are some terms and conditions, read them carefully and then click on ‘Accept’.
7. Now OTP will come on your registered mobile number, write it.
8. Now after reading the given details click on ‘Confirm’.
10. Now your PAN will be sent to your email id in PDF format.
11. From here you can download your ‘e-Pan’.
PAN-Aadhaar link is mandatory
If you do not remember your PAN number or you are confused, then you can download an e-PAN card with the help of your Aadhar card. But for this, it is mandatory to link your PAN card with the Aadhaar card. If your PAN and Aadhaar are not linked then you will not be able to download e-PAN.