The company that creates the Aadhar card, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), has discontinued reprinting the old-style long-length Aadhar card (Aadhaar Card Reprint service). Know what options are available to users right now.
In India, the Aadhaar Card is a required form of identification. Without it, no significant job in the country can be accomplished. In such a circumstance, it is critical that you keep up to date on all Aadhar card-related information. In the meantime, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which creates the Aadhar card, has halted a critical service. In fact, the long-length Aadhar card is no longer reprinted using the old-style (Aadhaar Card Reprint service discontinues).
The Aadhar card will not be printed again.
Previously, the format of the Aadhar Card Reprint service was different, however, UIDAI has since altered it. The UIDAI now issues PVC Aadhar cards, which are more appealing and smaller than a debit card. This new card is small enough to fit in a pocket or wallet. This has also made carrying the Aadhar card more convenient.
Aadhar Card made of PVC
In fact, in response to a user’s request for a reprint from the Aadhar Card Helpline, the Aadhaar Help Center informed the customer that this service had been discontinued. You can order a PVC Aadhar card via the internet. If you prefer to maintain your Aadhaar in a more flexible paper format, you can print it out from e-Aadhaar. Here’s how to do it.
How to Make an Aadhar Card from PVC
2. Select ‘My Aadhaar’ from the drop-down menu.
3. Now, once you click on ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card,’ a screen will appear.
4. On this page, enter your Aadhar card number, Virtual ID number, or registration number.
5. Finally, you must input an alphanumeric captcha code or security code.
6. In this column, you will find the words ‘Mobile number is not registered.’ Check this box.
7. OTP will now be sent to any other number you entered.
8. Your Aadhaar will be reissued when you submit the OTP.
9. In addition, for a price of Rs 50, you can have it delivered to your home.