Chandra Grahan 2021: According to the mythological belief that auspicious works are not done during the Sutak period. However, many people follow the rules related to the eclipse even during the partial and Khandagras eclipse lunar eclipse. Let us know what to do and what not to do during this time.
Chandra Grahan 2021: The last lunar eclipse of the year 2021 is going to take place on Friday, November 19. According to the Hindu calendar, the last lunar eclipse of the year will take place on Kartik Shukla Purnima. This will be a partial lunar eclipse that will be visible in the northeastern states of India. It has special significance from a religious point of view. According to experts, this will happen after 580 years when such a long partial lunar eclipse will be seen. Before this, such a long lunar eclipse had occurred on 18 February 1440.
According to the mythological belief that auspicious work is not done during the Sutak period. However, many people follow the rules related to the eclipse even during the partial and Khandagras eclipse lunar eclipse. Let us know what to do and what not to do during this time.
Do not do this work during a lunar eclipse
- During this time cooking or eating is prohibited.
- Worship is not done at the time of the eclipse. close the temple doors
- It is said that one should not sleep during an eclipse.
- Pregnant women should not leave the house during the eclipse.
- Avoid touching trees and plants during this time.
- After the eclipse starts, one should not do sewing, cutting, etc.
- One should not quarrel with anyone in the family or with anyone else during the lunar eclipse.
What to do before the eclipse?
- You can chant the name of God and chant mantras during the eclipse
- Before the eclipse starts, put basil leaves in the food items.
Do this work after the eclipse
- Cleaning the house after the eclipse
- Sprinkle Ganga water all over the house and take a bath
- charity should be done after the eclipse
What is a lunar eclipse?
When the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon on a full moon, the shadow falls on the Moon. Due to this, the shadow part of the moon remains dark. When we look at the moon from the earth, that part looks black, which is called a lunar eclipse. There can be a maximum of three lunar eclipses in a year. It is estimated that there will be a total of 228 lunar eclipses in the 21st century.