The government has made it necessary to link Aadhaar card with a number of documents. In order to arrive at Aadhaar online services, you need to have your mobile number registered with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). If you didn’t register your mobile number while requesting for Aadhaar, you are needed to go to a Permanent Enrolment Centre to get it done.
Mobile numbers cannot be updated online on the Aadhaar card. Aadhaar card is necessary for several purposes like filing income tax returns, getting a PAN card. It is also compulsory to avail of the advantages of various government schemes.
Here is what you require to do to register your mobile number in Aadhaar:
1) Visit UIDAI website. Click on the nearest registration center.
2) Fill the Aadhaar Correction Form
3) State your current mobile number that has to be updated in Aadhaar
4) Submit the form and give your biometrics for authentication
5) You will receive a confirmation slip. The slip includes an Update Request Number
6) The Update Request Number can be used to trace the status of Aadhaar updation.
No documents needed to update the mobile number in Adhaar Card
The appellant does not have to give any documents for updating or registering the mobile number in Aadhaar
Only update or change in address is approved for requests generated through online mode. Mobile number is compulsory for the online update to receive OTP.