The conflict between Israel and Palestine is old, but the violence between Palestinian organizations Hamas and Jerusalem in the last week has caused the whole world to worry. Rocket attacks are continuing from both sides and heavy destruction is on the cards. A multi-story building in Gaza has been demolished in the Israeli attack, so in response to this, there is a possibility of Hamas dropping more rockets. The possibility of either of them retreating is far away, but both of them have announced to answer the brick with stone. In such a situation, fear of big war has arisen here. Even before, the situation between the two has led to war, and once again the same views are visible. Meanwhile, innocent people are celebrating their lives on both sides.
The memories of the battle brought about by the latest attacks
Rockets coming from Gaza and Israeli airstrikes on Wednesday reminded the 2014 conflict that lasted 50 days. Targeting the buildings is one of the methods tried during the 2014 war and now the international court is investigating it under possible war crimes. Israel is not a member of this court and has dismissed the investigation. The extremist group Gaza has confirmed that Israel’s airstrikes killed its Gaza City commander. This is the death of a high-level extremist after the 2014 war in the Palestinian Territory. People are forced to hide in bunkers in the same way.
‘eye for an eye
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel would use more power if needed to prevent widespread demonstrations by Arab citizens. Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel would prevent chaos by deploying the Border Police Force. He has said that Hamas and other small Islamic organizations will pay a heavy price for their aggression. Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz has also said that these attacks are only the beginning. At the same time, a spokesman for the Foreign Ministry says that the attack is taking place on Israel and Hamas is targeting civilians in a planned manner and Israel will take steps to protect them. On the other hand, Hamas says that if Israel wants to take it forward, it is ready. The violence that has been going on for a week does not seem to be decreasing and the rockets are carrying out attacks.
May the destruction of 2014 not be repeated
Israel says it is targeting places where Hamas militants are hiding. In this way, his attacks continue. Earlier, in the war of July-August 2014, Israel had carried out 6000 airstrikes, causing huge destruction. According to Palestine and the United Nations assessment, then 2250 Palestinians, including 1500 civilians, were killed. More than 11 thousand were injured. The homes of at least 18,000 Palestinians were devastated and 73 medical facilities destroyed. This time too, seeing the high-rise buildings being built, the mood of 2014 is coming into everyone’s mind.
Why did the discussion of war begin?
Violence between Israel and Hamas is watched by the whole world and there is also a concern. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan told Russian President Vladimir Putin that the international community should ‘teach him a hard and different lesson’ against Israel’s attitude towards the Palestinians. Erdogan’s statement intensified the speculation of the controversy taking a larger form. On the other hand, the Middle East envoy of the United Nations has warned of the situation turning into a big war. He has asked the concerned leaders to take responsibility for the escalation of tension and to stop the fire that has started.
How did Israel defend?
According to reports, more than 1,000 rockets were fired from Hamas-occupied Gaza between Monday and Wednesday in 40 hours. Although Israel has protected its large population from the Iron Dome Defense System, some rockets escaped due to technical fault. The specialty of the Iron Dome air defense system is that they hold rockets from the radar and kill them in the air. Only their debris falls on the ground. Experts say that the success rate of Israel’s Iron Dome is 80 to 90%.