EPFO Fund Transfer: The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) changes the rules from time to time for its members to make things easier for them. It has often been seen that many times we forget to transfer our PF account while changing jobs. In this too many times, it happens that our old company forgets to enter the date of exit in the EPFO system, due to which the employee has difficulty in transferring the PF balance.
Earlier only the company could update the date
Previously, only the employer had the right to join the employee’s date of joining and update or update the date of joining. For some reason, it was difficult to withdraw or transfer funds from the EPF (Employee Provident Fund) due to the employee not updating these two dates by the employee.
Now employees can update the date themselves
Now EPFO gives its members the facility that they can enter the date of leaving the job themselves in the EPFO system. Now they will not have to depend on the company. With this new facility, withdrawing or transferring funds from the fund has become easier. If you also want to enter the Date of Exit in your PF account, then its process is very easy, you can do it online from home.
Update Date of Exit in EPFO
2. Log in by entering UAN, password, and captcha code
3. A new page will open, click on ‘Manage’ at the top
4. Then click on Mark Exit
5. In the dropdown you will see Select Employment, select the old PF account number in it Which is linked to your UAN
6. You will see details related to that account and job,
7. In this, enter the date and reason for leaving the job. Reasons for leaving the job will be options like retirement, short service.
8. After this, click on ‘Request OTP’.
9. Enter the OTP and click the check box.
10. Update and then click on OK, you are done.
Updates happen after 2 months
While updating this, you need to be very careful, because once you have filled in the date, it cannot be edited later. If you have left the job a few days ago, then you will have to wait 2 months to file an exit date as it will be updated only 2 months after the last contribution of the employer in the PF.