DigiLocker is one such method for storing and protecting documents such as your driver’s licence and vehicle registration certificate. Learn everything there is to know about the procedure.
For the drivers, there is good news. You no longer need to carry your driver’s licence ( DL ) or registration certificate ( RC ). In reality, when asked by the traffic police or the transport department, drivers in the national capital can now show these documents stored in digital form on the DigiLocker platform or the mParivahan smartphone app. Please inform us of the government’s new policy.
The digi-locker will be Valid.
Driving licences and vehicle registration certificates stored in digital format on the Digi-Locker platform or the m-Parivahan mobile app are legitimate papers under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, according to a notice issued by the Delhi Government’s Transport Department. According to the department, these are legally authorised based on certificates issued by the Transportation Department. He underlined that any other form of soft copy of a driver’s licence or registration certificate will not be considered as an original record.
What exactly is DigiLocker?
DigiLocker is one such method for storing and protecting documents such as your driver’s licence and vehicle registration certificate. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has introduced it. Actually, it’s tied to your Aadhar card and phone number (DigiLocker Benefits). You can save a scanned copy of your documents in this format by uploading them in PDF, JPEG, or PNG. The most crucial feature is that these documents can be e-signed. It functions in the same way as a self-adhesive physical document.
A soft copy of the document will be saved.
The main benefit of saving documents in it (DigiLocker Uses) is that you don’t have to carry a hard copy of any of them with you. There will be no danger of losing them, of course. So, let’s have a look at how to use DigiLocker (DigiLocker App).
Learn everything there is to know about how to use it.
1. You must first visit the DigiLocker website. Then, on your smartphone, install the DigiLocker software.
2. Now, using your Aadhar card or cellphone number, create a user ID. An OTP will now be sent to your phone number.
3. Once the app is open, tap on the Get Started option.
4. Select Create Account from the drop-down menu. Then you must input your name, date of birth, mobile number, security pin, email address, and Aadhaar number.
5. Once you’ve completed all of these steps, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. In the app, enter this OTP.
6. After that, you’ll be prompted to create a username. You can make any username you wish here. Then, at the bottom, hit OK. An account will be created for you.
7. The DigiLocker interface will now appear in front of you. Then select any document you’d like to save.
8. After that, a pop-up window will appear in front of you, asking for your consent. Please provide your approval.
9. After clicking OK, you will receive another OTP, which you must input. Then press the Continue button.
After that, you’ll find that your Aadhar card has been saved in your Issued Documents section.
11. You will be able to preserve your PAN card, LIC driving licence, school certificates, and other documents in the same way.
12. You’ll be able to share these documents as well. These will be sent in PDF format to the sender.