Today is 21st June 2021 and today the whole world is celebrating the 7th International Yoga Day. Yoga is the root of Indian culture, whose importance is being understood and adopted by the whole world today. This year the theme of World Yoga Day 2021 is ‘Yoga for Health’. Because, to fight an epidemic like corona, you have to be healthy both body and mind and with the help of yoga, we can achieve such health. But before doing yoga, you should take good care of 10 rules related to it (10 Yoga Rules). Only by following these rules can we get the full benefits of Yoga.
What are the 10 Important Rules of Yoga? (10 Yoga Rules)
We should keep in mind some things related to yoga. This makes the practice of yoga better, more effective, and comfortable. Learn about these 10 rules below…
- Most yoga experts believe that yoga should be practiced only in the morning and on an empty stomach. You get more benefit from this. At the same time, if you are practicing yoga during the day or evening, then do not eat anything for three hours before that.
- Physical and mental peace is achieved by practicing yoga. But you should wear comfortable and loose clothes while doing yoga for this. Otherwise, you will be uncomfortable during the whole practice and will not be able to practice yoga asanas properly.
- Yogasanas should always be practiced on thick clothes or yoga mats. Due to this, there is no risk of excessive pressure on our joints.
- Before starting the practice of yoga, you should be retired from defecation, etc. Because it gives you physical peace and there is no harmful pressure on the stomach. Along with this, you should also clean your nose and throat.
- While doing yoga, always do easy yogasanas in the beginning and then gradually move towards difficult and challenging yogasanas.
- At least 10 to 30 seconds of rest should be taken in between every yoga asana.
- Yogasanas should always be done in the open air and in a quiet place. Avoid doing this outdoor practice during the day, as air and noise pollution is highest at this time.
- You should take a shower after yoga. Because sitting or lying on the ground can make your body dirty and germs also come due to sweat. But also keep in mind that one should not take a bath for 20 minutes before or after doing yoga. Because due to the practice of yoga, the blood flow in our body increases and it can be interrupted by bathing.
- One should not eat a heavy or full stomach for at least 1 hour after doing yoga. However, you can take a little bit to get energy. But, take that too only 15-20 minutes after the end of the yoga practice.
- Yoga is beneficial, but for this, it is necessary to practice yoga regularly every day.
The information provided here is not a substitute for any medical advice. It is being given only for the purpose of education.