Aadhaar Services: You can now obtain several important Aadhaar services with only one SMS, and these services are now available on a feature phone.
Aadhaar Services in New Delhi: The internet has now reached every little village and town in the country. Smartphones are now in everyone’s hands thanks to low-cost data and mobile phones. Anyone can simply access any tiny or large amount of information in only a few minutes. Despite this, there remains a sizable number of people who are unfamiliar with the Internet, for whom UIDAI offers a variety of services.
The UIDAI’s new SMS service
UIDAI has launched a number of Aadhaar-related services that may be accessed by SMS. You don’t need to go to the UIDAI website or download the Aadhar app to do this. There is no requirement for a smartphone for this; anyone with a simple feature phone that does not have internet access can use these services.
Users can utilize this service to acquire a variety of Aadhaar-related services, such as generating or retrieving Virtual ID, locking or unlocking their Aadhaar, and biometric locking and unlocking. All you have to do is send an SMS from your registered mobile phone to the hotline number 1947 for whichever facility or service you require.
So, let’s see how we can acquire Aadhaar-related services with just one SMS.
How can I make a Virtual ID?
– To get a Virtual ID, go to your phone’s message box and type GVID (SPACE) and the last four digits of your Aadhaar number, then text it to 1947.
– Type RVID (SPACE) and the last four digits of your Aadhaar number to acquire your VID.
– OTP can be obtained in two ways. The first is via your Aadhaar number, and the second is via your VID.
– To get an OTP for your Aadhaar, type GETOTP (space) and your Aadhaar’s last four digits.
– Type GETOTP (space) and the last six digits of your official virtual ID in SMS to convert VID to OTP.
Aadhar card lock and unlock
With only one SMS, you may lock or unlock your Aadhaar. This has the advantage of preventing unauthorized usage of your Aadhaar number. You can lock it when you don’t want to use it and unlock it when you do. You’ll need a VID to lock your Aadhaar.
SMS-based locking procedure
1. In the first SMS, go to TEXT and type GETOTP (SPACE) and your Aadhaar number’s last four digits.
2. The second SMS should be sent as soon as the OTP is received. Enter the last four digits of your Aadhaar number in this LOCKUID (SPACE) field (SPACE) OTP (6 digits)
Unlocking through SMS is a simple process.
1: Go to SMS and write GETOTP (SPACE), then your VID’s last six digits.
2: Write UNLOCK (SPACE) last 6 digits of your VID (SPACE) type 6 digit OTP in another SMS.